POWER PLAY, the latest delivery from DAMEN’s successful YS 5009 design, will debut at the Monaco Yacht Show 2018 from 26 to 29 September. The brand new 55.5-metre vessel (182 ft) is available for immediate delivery to an owner looking for a proven adventure machine, a blend of support and stand-alone yachting capability.
“We’re looking forward to showing our clients the next evolution of the YS 5009 at the Monaco Yacht Show,” comments Rose Damen, Commercial Director. “The adventure element with accommodation and guest areas reflects the changing market requirements. This is the complete yachting experience with diving, submersibles, fishing, exploration, underwater discovery and fast toys.”
Put the adventure back into yachting
Like AD-VANTAGE, AXIS and SHADOW, POWER PLAY has been configured for an adventure blend of stand-alone and superyacht support functions. POWER PLAY accommodates 6 guests staying in 3 cabins, and includes a Sun Deck and a Main Deck lounge with panoramic views.
* Accommodate extra guests and children alongside the mother yacht
* Overnight on site during dive and explorer trips while the mother yacht stays in a marina or anchored off a nice village
* Command dive and ROV missions, accommodating experts such as guides, historians and marine biologists
* Host large celebrations with up to 350 guests
* Set up beach parties and water toys before the mother yacht arrives
* Own as a base boat alongside chartered yachts or racing yachts
* Enjoy two locations at once, connected by helicopter
With a Gross Tonnage of 489, the high support capability of a DAMEN Yacht Support vessel is still there, including the 12-tonne deck crane and stern A-frame fittings for efficient launch and retrieval of large and heavy equipment like submersibles.
DAMEN experience and knowhow
POWER PLAY is the sixth delivery of the YS 5009 design from the DAMEN Yacht Support range. Overall, 14 vessels from the Yacht Support range have been delivered or are in build. On POWER PLAY, the DAMEN Yacht Support design team has added new enhancements, including a new 50 square-metre Aft Adventure Centre/Dive Centre (538 sq ft), more autonomy and facilities for operating in zero-discharge zones such as marine nature reserves.
POWER PLAY reaches speeds above 20 knots with a crew of 7 and extra accommodation for 4 staff, pilots, security or guides.