Huisfit is pleased to announce the commission for the extensive conversion of the Feadship motor yacht Broadwater.
The scope of work will range from various comfort and esthetical upgrades inside and out, to changes relating to classification requirements. The brief from the experienced Owner is to convert his yacht into a “modern and livable home away from home” with charter capability. The new exterior and interior styling has been created by the talented yacht designer Adam Voorhees, who was inspired by the Owner’s input to define an abundance of desirable modifications.
MCM Newport’s Peter Wilson assisted Broadwater’s Owner with the selection of the refit shipyard and will also oversee the conversion project at the new Huisfit premises of Royal Huisman in Amsterdam.
The Huisfit team recently assisted Broadwater’s owner’s team with general services and her Lloyd’s inspection during the spring of 2019. The Owner and his team were so impressed with the quality, experience and time scheduling displayed by Royal Huisman’s refit division for various ongoing projects that they decided to return to Huisfit in Amsterdam.
The main features of the 2019 - 2020 Huisfit / Broadwater project are:
- A 4m / 13ft extension of the hull, including a re-styled stern
- Rebuild of the sundeck including a new composite mast with sun awning
- Interior re-styling and modifications to the Owner’s / guest areas + crew area updates
- Additional board systems required for a Classification change (Owner’s brief) from “private use” to “commercial use”
- New teak and furniture on the main and bridge deck
- Painting of the superstructure and hull, based on a new color scheme
Broadwater returned to Royal Huisman Amsterdam in July and will be re-delivered in the Spring of 2020.